Saturday, February 21

Ahh...Saturdays...

It's been chock-full of going ons!
Got up early to the sound of knocking on our door at 930. We had forgotten that we were getting a new furnace!
So apparently, my cat is utterly afraid of unfamiliar people now. Once the repair guy had started work I had to go rescue the cat from his hiding spot...in a little nook in the ceiling of the basement. How he gets up there, I'm sure I'll never know. He mainly stayed upstairs the whole time....things got a bit, uh, tense when it had been over 5 hours he hadn't been downstairs. Old man cat had to go. It wasn't pretty. He wouldn't go downstairs so we ended up picking up all the carpets and locking him in the bathroom. Poor guy.

But we have a new efficient furnace that doesn't belch carbon monoxide into our house! yay! Ha. Yeah, the exhaust pipe had disconnected and was quietly trying to kill us. Thank goodness code requires CO dectedors in apartments! It's all good now, just means we get to havelower heating bills now!

Went to JoAnn's for more fabric for the quilt I have started. I miscounted the number of pieces I needed to cut. I like that part, picking out and touching everything. Yes. I know it's just fabric, but I have a tactile sense of things. I touch everything. And have been known to smell cards and books. So, I hope you're not OCD about that sorta thing. Sorry.

I finally made the Moosewood Cookbook's Apple Cottage Cheese Pancakes. I had been eying that recipe for years. Then, like a fool, I started the recipe and attempted to "beat the egg whites 'til stiff" by hand. Fool. My wrists are killin me. The taste was...interesting. I may have needed more apple, less cheese. But it was AWESOME with the NYS maple syrup we just restocked on.

The Boy bought the street fighters game for xbox. And, I must say, I can hold my own against Mr. Video-Game-Guru. It's fun. :oD Plus he says things like "you're the best girlfriend ever" after I do a Super combination and laugh like villain.

Now, I'm considering more Chinese food and more violent video games..."TIGER KNEE!"

No comments: